PDA

View Full Version : PC-Doctor Service Center 6

dbarrow
12-02-2007, 11:23 AM
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pc-repair-diagnostic,review-1030.html

We recently received a nice little package from PC-Doctor, Inc., a well-known purveyor of PC diagnostic tools and utilities. In fact, it’s not at all unfair to compare PC-Doctor’s place in the PC diagnostics and repair tools market to that well-known subsidiary of Stanley Supply and Services, Jensen Tools, in the packaged toolkit marketplace. Both companies bundle collections of tools and test equipment, and sell them to specific niche markets. That said, Jensen covers many more niches than PC-Doctor, which targets home and small office PC users and professionals, as well as PC service and support organizations.
The full name of the product we review here is “PC-Doctor Service Center 6”. This kit ships in a small ripstop nylon bag emblazoned with the PC-Doctor name and logo. Its dimensions are 8.5" x 7" x 2.5" (21.6 cm x 17.8 cm x 6.4 cm), and the complete kit weighs 22.5 oz (639 g). Figure 1 shows the proverbial "little black bag" with contents strategically arranged, much like those old photos of fighter planes with their munitions arranged around the airframe. And indeed, PC-Doctor takes the field reasonably well-equipped to shoot, its target being trouble.

*Mention of a lot of nifty tools in here that every REPAIR TECH may want to have in the Toolbox!
In fact, judging by this review, you may want PC-Doctor as a package.

sho-dan
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello Doug

Can you post your test results or you opinion about the PC diagnostic software when your done.

I was a beta tester for Micro2000's MicroScope/USB PC diagnostic software and boy did I get my share of headaches. I Tested the software and hardware until the final product was put on the shelves. It was fun.:eek:

dbarrow
12-02-2007, 07:39 PM
As I am not in the business of diagnostics ... no.
Better left to the repair techs.
I did note some hardware and items of interest in this review that could be of interest that I have not seen mentioned before.
Not familiar with them, no opinions on them.

sho-dan
12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
My bad, misread your post.:redface: