PDA

View Full Version : Belkin lifetime warranty

TonyDi
12-28-2007, 04:40 PM
I read on another forum that Belkin warrants their products for a lifetime (whatever a lifetime is). The guy says you log into Belkin's site, enter a model number and shipping address and a new unit is sent for free.

Last week I replaced a failed Belkin router. Today, after learning about Belkin's lifetime warranty, I logged into their web site. They gave me an RMA number and a label to ship the failed unit back.

Is this too good to be true?

TonyDi
01-11-2008, 04:48 PM
To follow up ... A few weeks ago, I went to Belkin's web site to inquire about getting a replacement for a failed router that was a few years old. I filled out a form. The hardest thing they asked was for model and serial numbers. The site generated a shipping label with an RMA number. It was painless.

On Dec 31, I shipped the failed Belkin router back to the company for replacement. Shipping cost was $7.93. Today I received a NEW still in the retail box and shrink-wrapped router. The router I sent back was a 802.11b, the one I received was 802.11g. So this is a newer router.

Belkin gets 5 out of 5 in this instance.

guest102
01-12-2008, 11:23 AM
The only problem with that is I would not give most Belkin products to my worst enemies, especially routers or wireless adapters. That's like Asus mobos and video cards. They have the fastest RMA return service I have ever seen. But they need it as in most cases the returned item works no better than the original and it can take 4-5 tries to find anything that works right.

jcampi
01-12-2008, 11:40 AM
I almost don't care what the warranty is on a product. If the product is made with good quality you don't need the warranty! I think it's great of Belkin to honor a warranty and make the return fairly simple, but I'd rather deal with a great product and not have to mess with RMA's and returns. This warranty stuff is a bit of a scan with some companies. They provide you with a mediocre product and a 100,000 mile warranty. Then, whey you try to obtain repair on the warranty they drag out the fix and make it miserable. I'd rather have a great product with a two year warranty than a poor product with a ten year warranty.

jcampi
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
OK, I'm taking you guys up on the warranty. I just purchased some decently priced network cables at Walmart. They are Belkin and look decent. If the little tap snaps of the connector end(s) I'll be prepared to ask for a replacement. My point is - hopefully the cable is well made and the tab won't easily break. Then, I won't much care about the warranty!