PDA

View Full Version : Software Giveaway

writeco
04-04-2008, 09:45 AM
I have read occasional posts by BlackMirror (or her impostor) about free software. I was skeptical about anything free given the axiom, "You get what you pay for." However, having tired several of the freebies, the site (http://www.giveawayoftheday.com) is definitely worth checking out. You can even subscribe to an e-mail service describing the daily freebie.

While not free, Woot (www.woot.com) offers some real bargains on consumer products. A Slingbox for $100 was one that I missed.

While you don't care about the addicted nature of the software giveaway site (hell, it's free), Woot site can cause a problem. Some of the stuff is so inexpensive, you'll buy it just case you need it in the future. And then there is Two for Tuesday where you get two of the items for the price of one.

guest102
04-04-2008, 10:23 PM
As much as I seldom use free software, I have to admit I am loving Cd Burner Pro which I used to use at one time, and find it so much a better program than Roxio, Nero or Sonic these days. but of course there are exceptions to everything.

Dan18960
04-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Some of the stuff is so expensive, you'll buy it just case you need it in the future. And then there is Two for Tuesday where you get two of the items for the price of one.

Gad, I hope that was a TYPO :eek:

I can't see getting something that is expensive just in case I will use it!

writeco
04-05-2008, 07:31 AM
Dan, good catch. I meant to say "so inexpensive" and edited my post accordingly. And by inexpensive I mean under $5.