PDA

View Full Version : Piriform Defraggler!

Goku
05-30-2008, 05:07 AM
Piriform, the makers of CCleaner and Recuva have now released a file defragmenter named Defraggler. Here is a quote from its official site (http://www.defraggler.com/).

It differs from other defrag tools on the market, by enabling you to quickly and simply defrag the files you want to, without having to process the whole drive. Simply run it, select the file and defragment in seconds. No more struggling with the Windows defragmentation tool!

And remember like all Piriform products, Defraggler is completely free for both corporate and individual use.

Check it out and I am sure you will be impressed. A good replacement for the standard Windows defragmenter. :)

-- Goku

DSTM
05-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Do you think it is wise to Defrag your Hard Drive with a program that is still in Beta?:)What do Techies think?

Goku
05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Do you think it is wise to Defrag your Hard Drive with a program that is still in Beta?:)What do Techies think?
DSTM, developers release Beta programs in the market after they have tested them under controlled conditions. So most of the time, they are safe to use. Some programs may cause conflicts with Betas and therefore they are not confirmed as full versions. As far as I have tested it, the program appears small and efficient to me. Moreover, it allows you to select only those files you want to defragment, giving you an unprecedented level of control on your defragementing. This is all I think about it. :)

-- Goku

DSTM
05-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks for that,Goku.Just one question,Please.If one wants to defrag all of C Drive,is there a way to check all the boxes at once,instead of each box individually? Thanks.

Goku
05-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Yes, there is. Just check the top box; the one which has no name at all and all the files will be checked automatically. Repeat the same to perform the vice versa. :)

-- Goku

DSTM
05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Good one,Thanks.:)

writeco
05-30-2008, 12:02 PM
Perhaps I don't understand the defragmentation process as well as I thought but I don't see the overwhelming benefit of defragging on a file by file basis as oppose to the entire drive.

Goku
05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Perhaps I don't understand the defragmentation process as well as I thought but I don't see the overwhelming benefit of defragging on a file by file basis as oppose to the entire drive.
Well I know an overall defrag or doing file by file defrag of the whole drive doesn't make any difference but just think of a situation in which file by file defragmentation might be a time saver as opposed to the whole disk defrag. Imagine that you have to submit an important project and that your hard drive is fragmented. Lets suppose that a file you want is fragmented into 75 pieces and you don't really have the time to do a full disk defrag. Just select your one file and poof! You are ready. Of course, this is a poor example but I am not good at hypothetical situations. Also, it is light and efficient than most other defraggers out there and therefore I like it very much. But as I have said before, each one to his own preference. Suit yourself. :)

-- Goku

writeco
05-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Your example was very appropriate. I did like the ranking by most fragmented files.

Do the developers notify members of their forum when a version is released?