PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 3 might Solve Some Issues

Guest11
06-07-2008, 11:55 AM
I have been complaining about issues with Firefox since Vista but since the issues are in XP also, Vista is not to blame here aI am quite sure. I just tried Firefox 3.0 Rc3 and I think it has fixed all the issues I had, which were mostly with flash. Sites like eBay feedback I had to use IE for I suddenly can use FF again and sites I could not open, open fine now so do not be afraid to give this a chance, I see no bugginess at all'
The other issue I had is that every time I would hit "print preview", FF would have to close and it is working fine now as well so it looks like the issues are fixed in the RC believe it or not.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-rc.html

Dee369
06-07-2008, 12:46 PM
I have FF 2.0.0.14 and i find it has to debug a lot. Do i uninstall this version of FF before i install the new one? :)

Dee369
06-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Does this mean that i don't have to uninstall FF?

Installing Firefox 3
Please note that installing Firefox 3 will overwrite your existing installation of Firefox on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. For all systems, you won't lose any of your bookmarks or browsing history, but some of your extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are made available.

Goku
06-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Does this mean that i don't have to uninstall FF?
Yes DeeDee. It means that you do not necessarily need to uninstall it before installing the newer version. As it says, the newer version will overwrite the older version and I also count this as good as you will be able to retain your settings in this manner. :)

-- Goku

Dee369
06-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes DeeDee. It means that you do not necessarily need to uninstall it before installing the newer version. As it says, the newer version will overwrite the older version and I also count this as good as you will be able to retain your settings in this manner. :)

-- Goku

Thank you very much Goku. I thought that's what it meant but wanted verification on it first before i did anything. :)

Dee369
06-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow...This version of FF is fast!!! :D

Guest11
06-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Wow...This version of FF is fast!!! :D
Yeah isn't it? And it does go right over the older version! I mean I don't normally recommend beta versions, but this thing is more stable than the full version.

Dee369
06-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah isn't it? And it does go right over the older version! I mean I don't normally recommend beta versions, but this thing is more stable than the full version.
I never use FF when in KH but I've been using it all day and even though i was weary of it being a beta the old version was not meeting my expectations. This FF seems to be mean and lean. The only issue that i see so far is that my add ons weren't compatible with this version but they say they will be ironing that out when they come out with the updates. I love it! Thank Rich for pointing it out. :D

Guest11
06-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah few add-ons actually work in it and there are no other skins or interfaces for it either, but that will come in time. I believe the final version is due to be released within a week anyway and this should auto update to it so I would bet more would be available then Dee.

Dee369
06-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah few add-ons actually work in it and there are no other skins or interfaces for it either, but that will come in time. I believe the final version is due to be released within a week anyway and this should auto update to it so I would bet more would be available then Dee.

Well i think it's great and I'm going to be a FF user from now on. It blows IE out of the water! :D I also noticed that it works better with the games i play on Pogo. There were rooms that i couldn't use with the older version that i can now access. You go0t me on that one but it works! :D

Guest11
06-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Well i think it's great and I'm going to be a FF user from now on. It blows IE out of the water! :D I also noticed that it works better with the games i play on Pogo. There were rooms that i couldn't use with the older version that i can now access. You go0t me on that one but it works! :D

Well good I have used FF for a long time but I was getting so frustrated with it lately that I have been trying others. I have always hated Opera but I tried it again and I do use Sea Monkey, the full Mozilla version. It has a better password manager but it doesn't have the spell check and can't anticipate the way Firefox remembers past entries. I tried this out of deperation and I am so glad I did now.

Dee369
06-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Well good I have used FF for a long time but I was getting so frustrated with it lately that I have been trying others. I have always hated Opera but I tried it again and I do use Sea Monkey, the full Mozilla version. It has a better password manager but it doesn't have the spell check and can't anticipate the way Firefox remembers past entries. I tried this out of deperation and I am so glad I did now.
I'm glad that you tried it cuz i kept getting debug pop ups on the old version and I've been using this all day without a single issue. Thanks again Rich. :D