PDA

View Full Version : Windows Updates

rowal5555
08-13-2011, 04:02 AM
I know that the easiest way to reinstall Windows is from a system image, but -

A question I have been wondering about for a while is, is it possible to save updates from the Software Distribution Folder to DVD and then to reinstall them somehow after doing a Windows install on a different computer??

Just a theoretical wondering.

Guest11
08-14-2011, 02:28 PM
It always used to be that most of the Updates were offered individually on Microsoft.com so you could save them rather than just "run" and of course those could be put on dvd, and I used to do that at times. I don't see any other way to save Windows Updates. The major ones like IE9.0 and Media Player I am sure you can do also as we always could.

rowal5555
08-14-2011, 05:24 PM
True, thanks.
Updating a new install can take hours or even days, so perhaps an SP could be downloaded to disk and kept to run first.
May experiment with that.

Guest11
08-14-2011, 06:25 PM
True, thanks.
Updating a new install can take hours or even days, so perhaps an SP could be downloaded to disk and kept to run first.
Yes especially the service packs those I have always done to cd.

gunnner
08-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by rowal5555
True, thanks.

Well rite now my laptop is updating to IE 9. It has now been updating for 3+ hrs now. If It does not finish soon I will click 'stop installation' . Bet doing that will send my puta into a spinn :mmph:

TonyDi
08-15-2011, 02:56 PM
The download time will vary according to your Internet connection speed. If you're on dial-up it may take a few days.