PDA

View Full Version : Verizon FIOS & Yahoo

TonyDi
09-28-2006, 10:24 PM
I now have FIOS installed. Installation went painlessly. Internet started right up. Problem is with email. While going thru the setup procedure, it asked if I wanted my email to be associated with either Yahoo or MSN. I selected neither.

Well that didn't happen. Now it seems that my Verizon email is via a Yahoo portal - I didn't want this. So I called Tech Support tonight to get it un-linked. The guy wanted me to start downloading the MSN software and then while the software was downloading, to stop the download. This he said would unlink my email from Yahoo. Well, I guess that's one way to do it.

So I go along with it only to find that MSN doesn't support Mac (no surprise). So Verizon couldn't unlink my email from Yahoo. They said to call back in the morning and talk to customer service.

What makes this interesting is that my neighbor down the street wants to be linked to Yahoo. He wants a Yahoo address. He's been on the phone with Verizon he says for over 6 hours and they still haven't been able to link his Verizon account to his Yahoo account. Go figure ....

-td