PDA

View Full Version : USB Root hub??

tech2in
08-16-2007, 11:32 PM
i went to the device manager to check out sum stuff..under usb section there are two things which i noticed
1)Intel 82801AA USB Universal Host Controller - here it says device working properly

2)Their is a yellow exclamation mark at "USB Root Hub"..n checking its properties it says
"The NTKERN.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver"
Jus for the record their is a tick at exists in all harware profiles.

n exactly same exclamation mark with same problem is reflected under system devices..processor support..
what should i do with it....i hv already removed any ghost/invalid devices..drivers..

My pc is win 98 se,pentium 3

Wolfeymole
08-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Have a look here Tech.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294292

tech2in
08-18-2007, 02:21 AM
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, remove the following two lines of code in the C:\Autoexec.bat file by using a text editor, such as, Microsoft Windows Notepad. If your mouse does not work, you may want to use Notepad from one of the Windows installations that works properly.

SET windir=C:\WINDOWS
SET winbootdir=C:\WINDOWS

After you make this change, save the Autoexec.bat file, and then restart your computer.

i got a link to the above mentioned problem..but i can't understand how to deal with its solution..the highlighted part????