Thread: Computer does not recognize SDHC card

Computer does not recognize SDHC card

My son just bought me a new digital camera. I am using a 4GB SDHC card. I don't remember what my old camera used as I didn't bring it to Florida. But, when I inserted the old card in the memory card slot of my laptop, it gave me the Auto Play options from which to choose and it recognized the new hardware. When I put this new SDHC in nothing happens. It does not show up as a new drive, no options pop up and the "Found New Hardware" icon doesn't show up.

Any ideas????

HP Envy 15t-J100 Quad Edition CTO Notebook
    8G RAM
    1T HD
    Windows 8.1
    NOD32-WinPatrol
    AdMuncher-SAS-MAB

Re: Computer does not recognize SDHC card

June,
    Driver issue....heres the links to updated driver to support SDHigh-Capacity media....
    HP (TI) Media Card Reader driver for XP
    HP (TI) Media Card driver for Vista & Win7

Rob
    Rob

~Have we helped you? Like it here? Why not Contribute... 'Donate'~

Rig: Case- Antec P180; PSU- Seasonic M12II620; Mainboard- ASRock 970 EXTREME3; CPU- AMD FX-6300 Vishera 3.5GHz; Memory- Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600 4x4 16G; Drives- SSD Mushkin E-ChronosDX 2.5 60G SATAIII (OS), HDD Western Digital VelociRaptor 300G (Data) & 1TB Caviar Black SATAIII (Backup via usb); Graphics- HIS H577FM1GD ATI Radeon 5770; Speakers- AltecLansing FX3022; OS- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64; Monitor- NEC MultiSync 24" EA241WM; Trackman- Logitech Wireless; Keyboard- IBM M84

Thanks Rob. I downloaded and installed the driver you listed for XP but nothing has changed. Computer still doesn't see the card. Maybe I did it wrong. I didn't download directly from the site, I saved it first and then double clicked to run and install the driver. I like to save and date everything I download onto my computer. Would that have caused the problem?

Thanks.

8G RAM
    1T HD
    Windows 8.1
    NOD32-WinPatrol
    AdMuncher-SAS-MAB

Went to HP and put in my model which is Pavilion zd8000 and I put in the search box "SDHC driver". Came up with this page:

http://tinyurl.com/yekfove

but I don't want to download anything else without some advice.

Thanks.

8G RAM
    1T HD
    Windows 8.1
    NOD32-WinPatrol
    AdMuncher-SAS-MAB

June,

I have never had an issue with drivers I have downloaded from HP's website (EXCEPT they use that SPnnnnnn designation which 3 days later means absolutely nothing to me ).

What I do is save the download with a different name - the name of an executable is not always exclusive (except when an autorun file looks for the specific name). This file doesn't meet that test - since it is an extraction file to create the setup process to install the updated driver.

Intel P67 xtreme
    Intel i5 2500 3.3ghz
    8gb RAM
    2 SATA DL Lightscribe DVD
    WD 320gb SATA Hard drive
    Windows 7 Professional (RTM)
    Office 2010 Professional Plus
    VISTA HATER BUT I SURE LOVE WINDOWS 7
    But my computer worked YESTERDAY!

HAVE WE HELPED YOU? IF SO WHY NOT CONTRIBUTE... 'Donate'

you will need a dedicated SDHC card reader, they are cheap enough.
    standard SD slots/card readers will not detect and read SDHC cards no matter what you do with regards drivers.

Thanks all for your help and ideas. I tried several times to download a driver so my computer could read the SDHC card to no avail. So I'm assuming Anon is correct. I purchased a card reader and was able to download the pictures from the card onto my computer.

An admin can close this thread.

8G RAM
    1T HD
    Windows 8.1
    NOD32-WinPatrol
    AdMuncher-SAS-MAB

June

I'm glad you were you were able to make contact with your camera memory card. I was amazed at how inexpensive and easy to use these standalone card readers are. We got one for my wife's camera and had it up and running in no time.

Terry

Tech Problem ***SOLVED***

The technical problem relating to this thread has been resolved!

Please refrain from any additional posting in this thread unless there is an UPDATE to the original problem or new and relevant information related to the topic.

Additional postings may be removed without notice.

Thank you!
    KH Mod Squad
    HAVE WE HELPED YOU? Like it here? Why not Contribute by clicking "Donate" at top Banner.