Thread: Soundcard problem on Dell Inspiron 530S desktop

Solved Soundcard problem on Dell Inspiron 530S desktop

I am encountering a problem with my Desktop pc [Dell Inspiron 530S] for the first time or maybe it was there and never noticed. I have a Stereo mini plug going out of the pc's soundcard with double RCA on the other end going into line 1 on my Mixer [Denon DX-X050] on my main rig, I am only getting sound out of the Red RCA cable, nothing on the White RCA therefore only one channel is getting sound on my main rig, if I plug the Red RCA on either L or R channel of the MIxer Line 1, both channels works so it's not the mixer, problem is coming from the PC BUT when the Pc is connected to my pc's subwoofer via mini plug on both ends both left and right speakers are playing, any ideas please?

Re: Soundcard problem on Dell Inspiron 530S desktop

That's strange. What happens if you plug a set of earphones into the computer instead of your Mixer?
    Learn about iPods, iPads, iPhones and Macs at my user group: http://www.mlmug.org/

both sides of headphone works fine. I refuse to believe that I have 2 identical cables that have the same problem, on the white cable so it's got to be s setting on this pc?

Man, just realized I had 2 brand new cables hidden away, works now so yes, BOTH cables tried previously are defective, thanks

Nest - what happens if you swap the red and white connectors on the Mixer? Do you now get sound out of the left and nothing out of the right?
    Learn about iPods, iPads, iPhones and Macs at my user group: http://www.mlmug.org/

Sorry, if my post above wasn't clear, I tried a 3rd but brand new cable this time, and it works so the previous 2 cables were defective.

Curious - are the all the same brand cable? I'm wondering if the ground is being carried by only one of the connections.

You could have a point there, yes, this 3rd new cable I am trying is a different brand

Tech Problem ***SOLVED***

The technical problem relating to this thread has been resolved!

Please refrain from any additional posting in this thread unless there is an UPDATE to the original problem or new and relevant information related to the topic.

Additional postings may be removed without notice.

Thank you!
    KH Mod Squad
    HAVE WE HELPED YOU? Like it here? Why not Contribute by clicking "Donate" at top Banner.