Thread: Scan multiple pages to pdf

Scan multiple pages to pdf

In a previous thread, I mentioned that I was working with someone who was using an HP All-In-One to scan documents. It worked find with his Vista machine, but it seems HP doesn't provide the scanning software for W7, 64-bit. I can scan in docs one-at-a-time using W7 Fax and Scan, but he needs to scan multiple pages into a single pdf. I'm looking for software that will do the job.

I found A-PDF Image to PDF at http://www.a-pdf.com/image2pdf/. It does the job. It's $35 which is fine.

Any other recommendations?

td

Re: Scan multiple pages to pdf

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    In a previous thread, I mentioned that I was working with someone who was using an HP All-In-One to scan documents. It worked find with his Vista machine, but it seems HP doesn't provide the scanning software for W7, 64-bit. I can scan in docs one-at-a-time using W7 Fax and Scan, but he needs to scan multiple pages into a single pdf. I'm looking for software that will do the job.

I found A-PDF Image to PDF at http://www.a-pdf.com/image2pdf/. It does the job. It's $35 which is fine.

Any other recommendations?

td
    First the hardware: I assume the HP has an automatic document feeder, right? I use the real thing, Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 (Academic/Educational), $99 at the time I bought it. I am not sure about meeting your W7, 64-bit requirements, though. Not familiar with A-PDF Image to PDF.

Yes - it has a document feeded.

Yeh, I just saw the other thread and looked up the model. The ADF has a setting for single page and multiple pages. Did you see that and set it for multiple?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01433397.pdf

I think that switch just changes the way the mechanism feeds the paper. I ran a test using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP 3015 which is similar to the my customer's printer. I can scan multiple docs with the switch in either position. The problem remains - each page is a separate file.

Adobe Acrobat Pro will allow you to combine individual pdf pages into a single document of multiple pages. You can add or delete pages from the pdf document.
    Enthusiastic Windows 7 & 8 user

Dell Studio XPS
    Intel i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    12GB RAM
    ATI Radeon HD 3450
    500 GB SATA Hard Drive
    Dell S2409 (HDMI) 24 Monitor
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Thanks John, but I'm still looking for software what will do it in one step.

btw: For less than $40, that A-PDF software will scan multiple pages from an auto doc feeder. It then presents all the pages. You select the ones you want and click to build a pdf. That's pretty close to what I'm looking for.

I remember when I was at the library, the HP software worked very nicely.

This looks interesting Tony, check it out as I am going to:
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...pdf-documents/
    Edoc Organizer
    If you want free, I have had several of my clients that had this problem with HP printers just use Irfanview to scan with also.

I didn't know Irfanview will scan. I use it for my photo viewer. Will it do multiple pages?

Try it, "File", "Select Scan/Twain Source" as I won't get to that pc with a scanner until the morning.